[permaculture] How many wearings for a cotton shirt?

E. E. Mitchamore Jr emitch at att.net
Thu Jul 13 10:21:43 EDT 2006

Consumer Reports often has numbers for the average life of appliances.  I imagine that readers of this list would typically exceed that average, but it should be a useful benchmark, nevertheless.  A few years ago, using CR's numbers, I calculated that the large and small appliances ( no cars, computers or high-end entertainment systems included), typically found in a middle-class US household cost $400/month FOREVER.  That DOES NOT include operating costs - only purchase and replacement cost, and I'm sure it's much higher now.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz