[permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Jul 12 20:12:25 EDT 2006

sinergyinaction at netscape.net wrote:

> Hi Lawrence and al.
> thanks for the explanation.
> As I can see quite a few interesting studies have been done on the subject.
> The FogQuest project being the more relevant and  (apparently) simple to
> reproduce.
> Cheers
> Antonio

Hello Antonio:

If you search the web you will find a huge amount of resources related to
"appropriate technology" targeted for low income 3rd world countries with limited
natural resources or limited access to resources needed in their daily lives.
Water resources, potable and for farm use, cooking and heating fuels and cookers,
from solar to super efficient wood burners (blocks of wood to trash wood), water pumping,
shelter, erosion control, alternative crops, cropping in difficult areas. This is a wonderful world of
agricultural experimentation in interesting areas of the world. There are intentional communities
utilizing state-of-the-art methods of producing and processing food while recycling byproducts
into other production operation. There is a group on an island off the country of Colombia that is one of the most
innovative. Maybe Mike Elvin will know the name of this group. Ans there's Gaviotas in Colombia.
This represents the pure distilled essence of permaculture; off the drawing board and onto the ground.

Listen to a good traditional solea por bulerias for me if you will :-) preferably Melchor de Marchena accompanying
Manolo Caracol. Are you Spanish or English?

Cheers,

LL