[permaculture] cleaning up old messages before sending replys

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Tue Jul 11 11:44:42 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 1:31 am, E. E. Mitchamore Jr wrote:
 ] My preferred compromise is to retain the previous post (only) and
 ] delete older parts of the thread.  Since I participate in many
 ] forums and conversations, it's hard to keep them straight
 ] without some context.

 Your mail client should provide this, and/or snipping out the
 irrelevant sections, quoting the relevant sections, and avoiding
 top-posting .. all work well to provide context and readability.

 Mind you, the last couple of 700+ line messages were really quite
 extraordinary examples -- happily the exception.

 Because it destroys the logical flow of a conversation.

 Why is it uncomfortable to top-post?

 Jedd.