[permaculture] Lovelock:- Crazed old fool?

Laurence Gaffney lgaffney at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 5 18:57:11 EDT 2006

Whilst Lovelocks arguments in favour of Nuclear Power are yet to convince me, their is little doubt that "Gaia Theory" which sees the earth as a self regulating system has been useful in focusing on the issue and broadening our understanding of Self Organising Systems. Such understanding is of importance to Permaculture Designers.
Lovelocks latest book, whilst a bit disjointed at times, seemed to me to be the product of one who is capable of original/free thought. Crazed old fool were not words that sprang to mind as I read the book.

Laurence Gaffney
Australia