[permaculture] BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Global warming: Crisis for Earth?

Niels Corfield mudguard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 06:37:46 EDT 2006

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

>Niels Corfield wrote:
>

>>How you can reprint anything from this geezer?
>>

>>I thought we would be spared him, after this, and hopefully his last
>>time around the book circuit?
>>

>I thought James Lovelock was OK as he authored the original book on the Gaia concept (or did he?)

Not really such an original concept, when the body of indegenous beliefs
are factored in.
That was a long time ago, in the throws of the hippy movement, and
before he came out as pro-nuclear.

>>But no!
>>People actually listen to this crazed old fool!
>>

>I'm sure plenty have. I thought he more or less atarted the movement that empbraced the concept of Gaia.
>

>>/The Revenge of Gaia/! Why not just call it /Gaia 2 -the Sequel/ /(this
>>time it's for real!) or Gaia's II -She's Back! And She's Pissed!/
>>
>>And he reckons we're all fucked already, so what is there to talk about?
>>You either believe him, hmm, and just give-up or top yourself (helpful
>>to humanity as this will be Lovelock-followers)
>>

>So what's notOK about Lovelock?

I think he is just a sad old fool.
His work seems a little hack to say the least and he is firmly pro-nuclear.
Best to read the review of the book in Permculture Activist, he really
gives it the thrice-over.

>>Or you ignore the rantings of atomic energy-book-peddling fool and just
>>get on with it, like we have been anyway.
>>
>>Sorry Lawrence.
>>

>Sorry, I/m out of the loop on this.

Nice one mate,
Niels