[permaculture] I'm pumped

J. Kolenovsky garden at hal-pc.org
Mon Jul 3 08:27:02 EDT 2006

Today I peaked at my pond on the way to my wife in ICU (explosion
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/03_14a.jpg) and noticed what looked like a
shed snake skin. Upon careful inspection it was! It belongs to a  Nerodia
erythrogaster flavigaster or Yellowbelly Water Snake (commonly found in
eastern Harris county) http://www.houstonherp.com/YellowbellyWS.html. He has
been around since 2003 if I'm not mistaken. He resides under the house as
I'm on pier and beam. I'm glad I immediately washed my hands as 16 - 92% of
shed snake skins have salmonella. Hmmm, yum. Lets go to dinner. Anyway, it
goes to show that my yard is a real habitat
(http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/Dscn0348b.jpg). Pumped like Swartzenagger
(yeah, right).

J. Kolenovsky
--