[permaculture] trees and CO2

William Genest genest at pivot.net
Thu Oct 20 22:34:13 EDT 2005

Yeah and the speaker I said also said something to the effect that
trees are only responsible for a tiny percentage of oxygen production
which contradicts everything I thought I understood too. "the myth f
the ecologists is that the rainforest is the planet's lungs". What's
going on here ? Surely a case of reductionist analysis but what
confusion it sows !

William

On Oct 20, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Rain Tenaqiya wrote:

> I just recently read the summary of a NASA study that said
> rainforest deforestation causes little of the rise in global CO2
> levels.  This totally contradicts everything I've heard before.  I
> don't know of a good source of information on this topic.
>
> Rain

Best Regards,

  William Genest

  - Founder  Green Mountain Permaculture Institute of Vermont
Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

- Creator  "Regeneration - The Art of Sustainable Living"
 From "Something-Must-be-Done" to Something we can do !
www.regenerationshow.com

- Ecological Coordinator
Club St.Paul Ecological Golf Course

- Vice-President  Green Party of Quebec "pour nous et nos enfants"
www.pvq.qc.ca

- National Spokesperson Green Party of Canada
"The Future is Now ! "
www.greenparty.ca