[permaculture] processing quinoa ?

Lisa in Oregon lisamaciver8 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 16:53:08 EDT 2005

Not sure it's entirely appropriate for this list, but then I'm not
sure if any other list would be better...

I grew a few quinoa plants.  The harvested grains are brown.  Seeds
planted ranged in color from tan to brown (it's "Qunioa - Multihued").

I've got them soaking, and have agitated, very little soapiness and
the seeds are still bitter.  After 24 hours of soaking they have a
nice soaked grain texture, nice except for the terrible bitter
aftertaste.  Am I missing something?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon