[permaculture] 'Unwelcome Guests' Permaculture Radio broadcasts

Graham grahamburnett at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 15:22:07 EDT 2005

Just found this archived at A-infos website- 2x1 hour radio broadcasts
on permaculture, downloadable for non-profit use- Havn't listened to it
all, but might be interesting?

 http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=10545

Notes: This week we continue our series of presentations from the first
national conference on peak oil and community solutions held last month
in Yellow Springs, Ohio. In the previous weeks' programs, speakers have
explained how modern industrial society has been made possible by cheap
and plentiful fossil fuel energy, which from this point on will be
increasingly expensive and scarce, and how this is likely to impact an
economic system which is based on the false assumptions of unlimited
natual resources and endless growth. And we have heard how our
population, techonolgies, and expectations of bigger and better, are on
a collision course with the finite resources of this planet.

In this episode we'll focus on sustainable agriculture in the context of
sustainable human culture, and examine our assumptions about progress,
technology, and social relations in light of our ecological reality.
We'll begin with a presentation from the conference on Permaculture, a
design system that many believe is the perfect tool for transition to
the energy descent society