[permaculture] fallenfruit.org

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Fri Oct 14 13:41:45 EDT 2005

(apologies if this has been posted before.  what a great idea to
connect free fruit with the people who could harvest & eat it.  too bad
it's not an international database..  ~mIEKAL)

A SPECTER is haunting our cities: barren landscapes with foliage and
flowers,but nothing to eat. Fruit can grow almost anywhere,  and can be
harvested by everyone. Our cities are planted with frivolous and ugly
landscaping, sad shrubsand neglected trees, whereas they should burst
with ripe produce. Great sumsof money are spent on young trees, water
and maintenance. While these trees are beautiful, they could be
healthy, fruitful and beautiful.

WE ASK all of you to petition your cities and towns to support
community gardens and only plant fruit-bearing trees in public parks.
Let our streets be lined with apples and pears! Demand that all parking
lots be landscaped with fruit trees which provide shade, clean the air
and feed the people.

FALLEN FRUIT is a mapping and manifesto for all the free fruit we can
find. Every day there is food somewhere going to waste. We encourage
you to find it, tend and harvest it. If you own property, plant food on
your perimeter. Share with the world and the world will share with you.
Barter, don't buy! Give things away! You have nothing to lose but your
hunger!

http://www.fallenfruit.org