[permaculture] Better the devil you know

William Genest genest at pivot.net
Thu Oct 13 03:43:12 EDT 2005

Andrew I love the simple phrase you posted here !

In my talks, after I've done my best to explain permaculture and the
big picture, I always get this question "WHat can I do? - What are
some measures little ol' me can take in my daily life to make a
difference" and I always hate that question and I didn't know why -
On the one hand I think whatever I suggest is trifling and hackneyed
- "recycle, use less, walk"-  D'uh - On the other hand there's my
belief that we as individuals are being played - that the real
leverage is not, e.g. you and I using less water when only 10% of
water use is residential....

Here's my answer to the question forhwith:  DO WHAT YOU CAN,
HERE,NOW !! Period - You do the right thing cause it's the right
thing to do.....  Exercise the ethics: Care for the earth, care for
the people, return a surplus.

William

On Oct 13, 2005, at 2:15 AM, Jara wrote:

>  - DO WHAT YOU CAN, HERE,
> NOW !!
>
> . Do what you
> can do here and now and give as much away as you can.
>

> Andrew.

Best Regards,

  William Genest

  - Founder  Green Mountain Permaculture Institute of Vermont
Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

- Creator  "Regeneration - The Art of Sustainable Living"
 From "Something-Must-be-Done" to Something we can do !
www.regenerationshow.com

- Ecological Coordinator
Club St.Paul Ecological Golf Course

- Vice-President  Green Party of Quebec "pour nous et nos enfants"
www.pvq.qc.ca

- National Spokesperson Green Party of Canada
"The Future is Now ! "
www.greenparty.ca