[permaculture] Peak Oil

William Genest genest at pivot.net
Wed Oct 12 16:33:48 EDT 2005

I think Holmgren amply justifies predicting that we are facing
certain energy descent - It is not folly to recognize that non-
renewable means "can't be renewed" and unsustainble means "can't be
sustained". The height of pie-in-the-sky thinking IMO is the
assumption that technology will save us.

William

On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Kaia Bronte wrote:

> I notice that a lot of people try to predict the future in relation
> to peak
> oil scenarios, armageddon, the rapture, aliens invading, and the sun
> exploding. Your guess is as good as Art Bell's I suppose.
>
> We cannot predict the future with any consistent accuracy. Making a
> plan
> based on an unknowable future is not regenerative--it's folly.
> That's why in
> permaculture we design based on observable principles and patterns,
> not
> chickie-lickie, sky-be-fallin' stories.
>
> Let's stick to the ethics and principles of permaculture and the
> chaos of
> future will take care of itself. "Take no thought for tomorrow."
>
>     .Berkano
>     .Aprovecho Permaculture
>
>     .eM: KaiaBronte at gmail.com
>     .pH: (541) 942-8198
>    .snail: 80574 Hazelton Road
>          : Cottage Grove, Oregon

Best Regards,

  William Genest

  - Founder  Green Mountain Permaculture Institute of Vermont
Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

- Creator  "Regeneration - The Art of Sustainable Living"
 From "Something-Must-be-Done" to Something we can do !
www.regenerationshow.com

- Ecological Coordinator
Club St.Paul Ecological Golf Course

- Vice-President  Green Party of Quebec "pour nous et nos enfants"
www.pvq.qc.ca

- National Spokesperson Green Party of Canada
"The Future is Now ! "
www.greenparty.ca