[permaculture] Peak-oil scenario fuels "go local", campaign

Gryphon Danu gryphon at tripleaspect.com
Sun Oct 9 17:41:49 EDT 2005

I'm not so confident about that Toby. Humankind has gotten along quite
well over the ages from living off the land. Afterall , it was energy
from coal and oil that made life in the big cities possible. Once that's
gone, I don't see much hope there -- too many people will be competing
for too few resources; city dwellers are equally dependent on
transported goods, especially food.

Yeah, living completely rural outside of a community as you once did is
probably a bad choice -- but leaving cities for small, progressive towns
that are in close proximity to agriculture and other natural resources
like timber, good soil, and clean water is really the way to go. I
personally like the ideas they're formulating over at
http://communitysolution.org

Good luck.

Gryphon