[permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture Course]

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Mon May 23 12:41:44 EDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[SANET-MG] Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture Course
Date: 	Mon, 23 May 2005 08:59:23 -0700
From: 	P Corcoran <plcsignup at YAHOO.COM>
To: 	SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Please post and circulate.

**

*Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture**
*

*with Rod Rylander at Earthaven Eco-Village near Black Mountain, NC
*

*Oct 9, 2005*

*http://www.earthaven.org/learning_center/about_earthaven.php*

*This course is centered around increasing the health of the soil. The
farming systems covered use minimum inputs and investments. Techniques
covered include rapid rotation, cover crops, polyculture, and the
integration of animals and plants. More detailed information given
includes using animals to do work, terracing techniques, talapia
production, selecting profitable crops and animals, heritage animals,
nutrient building, small animal care, marketing, natural insect control,
and weed control.*

*The cost of this class is $55-85, sliding scale. Registration deposit
for this class is $35.*

*Register now
<http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=A572702&product=Mountain%20Farming%20and%20Aquaculture%20Class%20Registration&price=35.00&units=1&return=www.earthaven.org/learning_center/programs/permaculture.php>
- Class details
<http://www.earthaven.org/learning_center/programs/class_details/integrated-aquaculture.php>*

Earthaven Learning Center, a 501-c-3 organization educates about
sustainable culture in a unique way—we demonstrate it in the context of
village life. Our teaching team is grounded in the vision of a
regenerative world, because we are living it.

*About Earthaven Ecovillage...
*(For all the details on Earthaven Ecovillage, visit earthaven.org
<http://www.earthaven.org/>)
Founded in 1994, Earthaven Ecovillage is located on 320 acres in
culturally rich, biologically diverse western North Carolina, about 40
minutes southeast of Asheville. We are dedicated to caring for people
and the Earth by learning and demonstrating a holistic, sustainable culture.