[permaculture] goats vs. compost

Lisa in Oregon lisamaciver8 at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 11:26:52 EDT 2005

BTW, thanks to everyone who shared their goat stories.  It was very
helpful (although not to the buck who's still alone...)

Another question, though: we have old vegetables (bolting chard,
spinach, and some cabbagey greens), is it better to compost them or
feed them to the goats and chickens? The grass and weeds are amazing
this year, so the goats have plenty to eat.  They mostly "recycle it"
to the pastures, although some part ends up in the barn and gets to
the garden later.  These plants are in interplanted beds, so I can't
just chop them up into the soil in place.  I'm not sure where the
maximum benefit is to the whole system.

Lisa in Ashland Oregon