[permaculture] rodent-repellant herbs?

Forest Garden forestgarden at austin.rr.com
Sat May 14 13:33:01 EDT 2005

We have lots and lots of gophers at our place (sandy soil - they love it).
I don't know why, but we've found the gophers left areas where we've done a
consistant program of building the soil microbiology using compost teas.
This may be a bit much for some of you, but I've also talked with the
gophers too, asking them to leave the trees and garden alone (I planted
clover for them elsewhere).  If you saw the density of mounds prior to
planting and the current situation, you would be astonished at the change,
and peaceful co-existance we've come to.  They did accidently bite off a
dripper or two, and they often like to fill up our valve boxes with sand,
but I forgave them for that.

Cheers,

Marjory

PS:  Any suggestion onw hat else I could plant for them to eat?