[permaculture] rodent-repellant herbs?

Lisa Rollens rollens at fidnet.com
Mon May 9 00:23:31 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,

Any idea where to get the moleplant?  I have terrible mole problems, to the
point that they kill a lot of the transplants I put in the ground.  Assuming
they are after the grubs, I am putting out milky spore, but that will take a
while.  The moles are all over the place, too.....gardens, yard, pasture, to
the point of killing grass.  My soil is real sandy.  Castor beans don't seem
to do anything.  I am wondering if those things that rotate in the wind and
supposedly drive moles away actually work.  It seems that they might,
considering the vibrations that I have heard are at the bases of windmills.
Has anybody tried them?  Of course, they would just make the moles go far
enough away if they work anyway.  Does anybody have any suggestions for mole
problems?  I will try anything!

Thanks,
Lisa, in the Ozarks, MO, USA