[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 28, Issue 10

Robert Waldrop rmwj at soonernet.com
Wed May 11 22:28:42 EDT 2005

I use five gallon food grade buckets that I get
for free from bakeries and delis.  I poke holes in
the bottom so they drawn.

I put a mixture of compost, peat moss, and
vermiculite in the bottom.

As the plant grows, I keep adding filler material.
I have 7 buckets, I am filling four of them with
the potting mix I made, and 3 of them with
shredded straw and leaves.  I am curious as to
whether there is any difference in yield.

I tried this before with dirt and compost, and
that experiment was a failure. I would like to
figure out a way to do this that doesn't involve
the peat moss and vermiculite.

Robert Waldrop, OKC