[permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas

Martin Naylor martinwnaylor at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 31 20:13:30 EDT 2005

hi
i just got a driazabone rain coat and their great mate, originaly the idea came from sailors who used old sails as rain coats and wind protectors, tracking down old methods used by sailors might be of help
martin

Oswaldo <espervaldo at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi everyone, i have read with great attention what had been said about waterproofing canvas using natural products (oil, beeswax and pine sap). I am currently experimenting with this recipe too on a heavy flax canvas. I wanted to hear from people (and especially Yaya since she started the topic) who tried the recipe to get some feedback. How did it work? How can you make sure it will stand the sun and not melt (as i saw it happen)? Which are the proportions that you used? thanks, oswaldo