[permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas

Oswaldo espervaldo at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 31 08:18:18 EDT 2005

Hi everyone, i have read with great attention what had been said about waterproofing canvas using natural products (oil, beeswax and pine sap). I am currently experimenting with this recipe too on a heavy flax canvas. I wanted to hear from people (and especially Yaya since she started the topic) who tried the recipe to get some feedback. How did it work? How can you make sure it will stand the sun and not melt (as i saw it happen)? Which are the proportions that you used? thanks, oswaldo