[permaculture] cats, mice, frogs, earwigs

Carrie Shepard outlikeelijah at gbronline.com
Fri Jul 15 14:52:02 EDT 2005

We have cats outside for mouse and rat patrol and constantly have to worm
them.  We lose kittens to worms, but always have a few that survive in spite
of the parasites.  There are fields around here where the cats hunt and then
the mice and field rats (they hop like a kangaroo and are smaller than a
fullsize rat but bigger than mice) come to our place, where my kitties enjoy
them greatly.

Our cats will also kill some moles, but I've never seen them get lizards or
snakes.  Our dog gets other rodents like the 'possoms, skunks, points large
snakes for us, and will eat turtles he finds.

I still find garden snakes and those legless lizards and lizards in our
gardens and we also have poultry free-ranging.  The lizards and small snakes
and toads hideout beneath mulches in the garden.

Don't know what to tell you about the earwigs,

Carrie

-