[permaculture] relocating

mhagood1 mhagood1 at cox.net
Sun Jul 3 07:57:08 EDT 2005

I'm a long-time gardener interested in urban applications of permaculture principles. I have been living in Norfolk for a few years, working with a community garden and more recently going green with a tiny house and yard, getting into the Elizabeth River Project.

My day job has turned sour, however, and I am looking to move. Would like to connect with permaculture/urban agriculture devotees in the Philadelphia area (I need to be within striking distance of University of Delaware in Newark, where I will be finishing a degree---in art history. Am interested in nontraditional housing possibilities that include urban greening. This is vague because I don't know where I'm heading, exactly. I have fantasies of renting a loft with electricity and running water and a weedy back lot or something. Community garden? Looking to plug in to some good energy and contribute my own experience, energy, resources.

Martha