[permaculture] bats

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Aug 31 22:29:31 EDT 2005

batfactoid

It takes the better part of an hour to witness the egress of
450,000 bats from Carlsbad Cavern as the sun goes down.

Last evening I saw one 3 times or 3 one time each (they didn't have time
to introduce themselves; they were "batting it").
Q: I have seen this bat(s) on several occasions at about the same time
of day. It always comes from the same direction and seems to follow the
same path across the field and back where it came from. Do they stick to
the same foraging path for any significant timeframe? Does this foraging
pattern change as summer passes and food sources change?

LL