[permaculture] Tilapia production

antonr at webmail.co.za antonr at webmail.co.za
Fri Aug 26 09:46:43 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm new to the whole permaculture thing and I'd like some
information about incorporating aquaculture into a
permaculture setup.

I live in South Africa so the obvious choice would be
tilapia (Mozambican is indigineous in this area) or african
catfish (we call them Babers). The area here is Natal
Highlands (Hot summers, cold winters with occasional frost
and summer rainfall)

I've been trying to get some info from the net but there is
very little I could find about private production. What I
would like to know is:

1. How many can I grow per square metre?
2. What would be the best setup (Pond/container/etc.)?
3. What must/can I feed them?

Feel free to add anything else I might need to know.

Anton
antonr at webmail.co.za