[permaculture] Homeland Security: Barn-style

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Thu Apr 22 06:25:36 EDT 2004

Howdy!

Hey, I'm doing CSA on leased land not far from a busy road just
outside of town. We've got a small shed that's full of, in
hindisight, an amazing amount of power equipment, from BCS tillers to
a nice orange chainsaw. All of this stuff would move pretty fast at
flea market in the next state.

I'm wondering how others handle security off-grid but near town.

I'm wondering about everything from foolproof cables to solar
security lights and I'm wondering about things I have not thought
about.

I'm particularly wondering about just what kind of cable can be used
on a strong gate to deter casual thieves. It didn't do my heart any
good at all to watch the hardware store man cut my new chain off the
coil like it was butter with a $20 pair of boltcutters, that's for
sure.

Any ideas from your experience or reading? thanks -Allan igg at igg.com