[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 15, Issue 10

Robyn Williamson rz.williamson at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 12 04:32:57 EDT 2004

Hi Pat,
Funny that we were just talking today about the 10 illegal, oops sorry
"unregistered" poollution sites dumped all up and down the Hawkesbury
River by the charming Australian government's Department of Defense.
These messages are from Canada and the USA, but equally as applicable
in this country.  Get a load of this ... (Y2K was just a scam to "lose"
(read:  SUPPRESS) information that was previously available to the
public.  NB:  a "miasma" is scientific jargon for a "poisonous vapour
arising from the earth and infecting the air".  This is about gross
pollution events in Canada and the US.  Read on and weep, as the wealth
of this country is presently in the pocket of Mr Bush:

On Monday, April 12, 2004, at 09:02 am, lance wrote:

> Greetings and Salutations:
> I'd like to add (though my feeling is 'basta"-enough...) that in late
> 1998 I was hired by a few high-level marijuana growers to make a
> report on what y2k might mean for the thriving B.C. marijuana
> industry.  As an outspoken and ground breaking (first med-pot grower
> of any size outside of my governments feeble attempt) medical
> marijuana activist I am quite well known inside of these circles.  The
> first thing I looked into was Hanford due to its relative proximity to
> a certain mega-billion dollar pot growing locale within B.C.  I was
> shocked to see that the surface clean up cost was in the low
> billions(!) and that the leachate was due to hit the Columbia 3 years
> (now!) BEFORE the expected clean up of both surface and sub surface
> contaminants.  Right away, though it added nothing to my report, I
> looked into Los Alamos.  Same thing.  Contamination was certain before
> clean up could be effected.
>      In December (I believe, the exact date could be wrong...anyone
> else know?)of 1999 that information was NOT on the upgraded website.
> Y2K allowed for an immense loss of relevant data on the US (and I
> assume Canadian) governments.  To add insult to injury, both Los
> Alamos and Hanford were intentionally set afire shortly into the new
> millenium.  One can only hope that the several billion dollars which
> were saved via a massive atmospheric (intentional...?!) polluting
> allowed the EPA to step up the pace to save the Columbia River.  The
> same fires threatened several high percentage marijuana districts in
> the Interior of B.C. and had the wind drifted (thankfully, it stayed
> in the US...Canadians 'neglected' to develop a nuke-weapon industry,
> though Ontario and hence Lake Ontario are highly threatened by the
> many nukeplants) into those regions at least 4 Billion dollars in the
> underground economy would have been lost.
>     It was this data that got my circle more focused on Permaculture.
> But that's a weak scent to an overwhelming miasma.  Good luck!
> In Lake'ch
> Lance Wildwood
> Phytomphalos Farm
> Robert's Creek
> Sunshine Coast, B.C.,
> Canada
>
>> -----------------------
>>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:13:54 -0400
>> From: Keith Johnson <keithdj at mindspring.com>
>> Subject: [permaculture] WMD in US Rivers
>> To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org>
>>

>> http://www.dissidentvoice.org/April2004/Hamilton0408.htm
>> The Threat from Made-in-USA WMDs
>> by Mina Hamilton    www.dissidentvoice.org  April 8, 2004
>>
>> Iraq's alleged nuclear threat sinks into the dustbin of history.
>> Americans can stop worrying about atomic perils? Wrong.
>>
>> Americans are at risk from American-as-apple-pie,
>> Stars-and-Stripes, and made-in-USA, WMDs.
>>
>> A just-released study, Danger Lurks Beneath:
> [...]
Robyn Williamson
PDC, Urban Horticulturist
Hon Sec, Fagan Park Community Eco Garden Committee
Local Seed Network Coordinator
North Western Sydney Community Seed Savers
ph/fx:  (612) 9629 3560
email:  rz.williamson at optusnet.com.au
http://www.communityfoods.com.au
http://www.au.gardenweb.com/directory/fpceg
http://www.seedsavers.net

The eco garden is located at Fagan Park, Arcadia Road, Galston 2159,
open every day to the public.
$4 per car for parking, buses $2 per passenger, free entry for
ecowarriors, walkers, cyclists and volunteers.
Bus transport from Pennant Hills Station and Castle Hill to Fagan Park.
Glenorie Bus Company phone  (02) 9651 1944
Sydney Transport Info Line 13 15 00
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer in the community eco
garden on Mondays and/or Fridays.
Ecowarriors contact:  sallyramsden at bigfoot.com

Next meeting:

EARTH DAY