[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 15, Issue 10

lance phytomphalosfarm at dccnet.com
Sun Apr 11 19:02:28 EDT 2004

Greetings and Salutations:
I'd like to add (though my feeling is 'basta"-enough...) that in late
1998 I was hired by a few high-level marijuana growers to make a report
on what y2k might mean for the thriving B.C. marijuana industry.  As an
outspoken and ground breaking (first med-pot grower of any size outside
of my governments feeble attempt) medical marijuana activist I am quite
well known inside of these circles.  The first thing I looked into was
Hanford due to its relative proximity to a certain mega-billion dollar
pot growing locale within B.C.  I was shocked to see that the surface
clean up cost was in the low billions(!) and that the leachate was due
to hit the Columbia 3 years (now!) BEFORE the expected clean up of both
surface and sub surface contaminants.  Right away, though it added
nothing to my report, I looked into Los Alamos.  Same thing.
Contamination was certain before clean up could be effected.
      In December (I believe, the exact date could be wrong...anyone else
know?)of 1999 that information was NOT on the upgraded website.  Y2K
allowed for an immense loss of relevant data on the US (and I assume
Canadian) governments.  To add insult to injury, both Los Alamos and
Hanford were intentionally set afire shortly into the new millenium.
One can only hope that the several billion dollars which were saved via
a massive atmospheric (intentional...?!) polluting allowed the EPA to
step up the pace to save the Columbia River.  The same fires threatened
several high percentage marijuana districts in the Interior of B.C. and
had the wind drifted (thankfully, it stayed in the US...Canadians
'neglected' to develop a nuke-weapon industry, though Ontario and hence
Lake Ontario are highly threatened by the many nukeplants) into those
regions at least 4 Billion dollars in the underground economy would have
been lost.
     It was this data that got my circle more focused on Permaculture.
But that's a weak scent to an overwhelming miasma.  Good luck!
In Lake'ch
Lance Wildwood
Phytomphalos Farm
Robert's Creek