[permaculture] Urban Farm Request

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sun Mar 30 21:46:19 EST 2003

Greg Peterson wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have begun in earnest to research working methods of urban agriculture
> in use in the US and Canada.  My intent is to write a book documenting
> what is currently being done and what dreams and aspirations we have and
> would like to create.  This will include (but not limited to) urban
> farming, urban orcharding, aquaculture, gleaning programs, neighborhood
> farms, marketplaces, CSA's, etc.
>
> I am interested in speaking with people that are working in agricultural
> project primarily in cities and then distributing the fruits of their
> labor in the same urban area.  I plan on visiting some of these
> organizations this coming summer.
>
> Please forward me any information that you may have on Urban Farm
> projects that you know of or are involved with.  I can be reached at
> MailTo:Greg at permaculture.net.

Call Charles Headington in Greensboro, NC. He teaches urban gardening and urban
permaculture; has done it for many years and has beautiful demo gardening & PC systems on his
urban Greensboro property. He has a name for his courses and consultancy but I cannot remember it;
I do have a brochure from a past series of workshops somewhere in my files.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl at intrex.net