[permaculture] Re:EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20

Charles Knoles charles at growfood.org
Thu Mar 27 23:47:47 EST 2003

Hi all this is taken from a posting on indymedia's website:

"This isn't a "little known resolution". It's been reported on for more
than a month. H.J.RES.20 was actually introduced by Rep. DeFazio from
Oregon. Kucinich was a cosponsor. It doesn't actually remove his ability to
wage war, but specifically resinds the earlier authorization to use force
in Iraq that Congress (lamely) passed last fall. I just thought I'd pass
along more accurate information, so that if you do call or write Hastert
you have the correct information. I think it makes your call more credible.
For DeFazio's please release see:
http://www.house.gov/defazio/020503DERelease.shtml For the bill text see:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.j.res.20: "

You wrote:

Friends and Concerned Americans,
Against all odds, there were enough signatures, e-mails telegrams and
phone calls within the last 24 hours to Congressman Dennis J.Kucinich
of Ohio to persuade him to introduce before the House of
Representatives in Washington, D.C. a little known resolution that
deprives the
President of his authority to wage war.
However, we must now persuade Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert that
there is a growing consensus if not a plurality to mandate the
resolution for a House ballot.
Therefore, please take a moment to e-mail Speaker Hastert by simply
saying, "I am in favor of introducing HJ Resolution 20 for a vote."
Speaker Hastert's e-mail:
Speaker at mail.house.gov