[permaculture] EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20

Michael Murphy mmurphy at ctsl.com
Thu Mar 27 23:00:03 EST 2003

 "a little known resolution that deprives the President of his authority to wage war."

I am against the war, but what makes you thnk this is a good idea?  I assume Congress would like to take the authority to wage war for themselves?  There was a reason Jefferson, Washington and Hamilton left this authority in the executive branch, and without understanding all the consequences of casually changing the Constitution, my bet is this is grandstanding for the media (a Kucinich specialty). Didn't Bush take this Congress and get a resolution for this war anyway?