[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Thu Mar 27 11:40:57 EST 2003

> From: mIEKAL aND <dtv at mwt.net>
> a lot of our available woodchips & saw dust are at least half white oak

To clarify: ramial chipped wood is branches (ramas>>Spanish "ramada">>
Scott's shade structure) Sawdust is not including much bark and very little
leaves. What part of the log do the termites eat first?
The woody stuff does a great job of mulching trees that want more fungus.

Also I was wondering about conifer=bad, angiosperm=good; I know wise ol'
gardeners that won't put angiosperm chips around any heathers
(Ericaceae-Rhodies, Blueberries, Gaultheria, etc.) they say it breeds
disease.

-Rick