[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Thu Mar 27 08:25:44 EST 2003

can anyone tell me if mashua will make it up here in the cold cold
north (zone 4, -20 to -30F)?  & can it be used as a perennial?

mIEKAL

a lot of our available woodchips & saw dust are at least half white
oak, I still find chips that are years old, that really are still in
their original unbroken down form.  I think they are more likely to
play host to an army of fungi then to break down & contribute to the
humic/organic content of the soil.  at least in my lifetime.