[permaculture] Re:books and mags:Thank you Lawrence

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 20 21:44:48 EST 2003

Since the sales of the Activist pays for the publishing of it (and not
much more) we find the fees charged by credit card companies excessive
(Paypal adds even more fees) and we do not support them. So, we take
personal checks and money orders. Peter Bane, the editor, IS the the
entire book department (and the advertising department and basically
every other department and all of this in addition to a huge teaching
schedule, occasional consulting and design projects, bookeeping for
Earthaven, mountains of email, committee meetings, building OURSELVES a
new office [we're FINALLY in after 4 years - praise God / Goddess],
logging, road construction, water tank construction, mushroom
propagation and a myriad of other tasks. Toby Hemenway [bless him again
and again] and I do our best to help out. Hacking an ecovillage out of
the woods on a very low budget is a full time job in itself.). We are
VERY grateful for your support. Pattern Language (the second in the
series with all the patterns numbered for easy reference, the principal
book for designers) is $65, Holmgren's excellent new book is $28, and 3
years (first time in 18 years that we will produce 4 issues a year) of
the Activist is $55, for a total of $148 + $14.80 for shipping and
handling (total $162.80) Please send your payment  to The Permaculture
Activist, PO Box 1209, Black Mountain, NC 28711.

Thank you very much Lawrence,.
Keith Johnson