[permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)

georg parlow georg at websuxxess.com
Thu Mar 20 02:54:51 EST 2003

hi mike:

> is weedlike behavior in the extreme, and has grave consequences for the
> planet.

this is peoplecentered exaggeration. no need to worry for the planet, not
even for gaia, the living, humid film on its surface. its just a small
fraction of all species, that is threatened by peoples foolishness - namely
big animals and plants, and of course humanity. but the biggest parts of the
web of life consists of insects, fungi, protoctista and bacteria - most of
them are quite safe.

> demographers tell us will be our childrens' eleven-billionth piece of the
> planet.

yep, that is the main point we need to worry about - the future of our own
genes, of our species. so there is no need for apparent altruism, plain good
old egotism, farsighted egotism will do.

georg