[permaculture] Question about acidic soils in the tropics...

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Mar 11 02:01:00 EST 2003

jamie wrote:
> Hello Darko, Roland Bunch has been doing excellent work for many years in
> Honduras using green mulches and cover crops
> http://www.echonet.org/tropicalag/knowledgebank/EDN_articles/edn_58_1.htm
> for a brief insight into his work, or download a 19 page report from
> http://ppathw3.cals.cornell.edu/mba_project/moist/roland.pdf.
>
> Jamie
> Souscayrous

Jamie:

I know you are from France but from what region? There was  a wondrous movie made called Microcosmos,
about wildlife in a verdant hilly area with stream and pasture on some farm in France. Have you seen
it and do you know anything about the area where it was made? It is one of the best nature documentaries ever made.
I only wish they had included more aquatic and wetland footage.

Anyone who has not seen this should get a copy; it is truly inspirational and from a country that produced Satie, Ravel,
Debussy, Jennie Tourel, Machaud, Dufay, Alain, Cocherau, a tradition of Gregorian chant and many other musicians, singers and composers;
and the french intensive market gardening method.

Maybe we can help this list experience a spring awakening.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl at intrex.net