[permaculture] [Fwd: Greywater For Farm/Home Use]

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sat Jan 25 18:08:10 EST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Greywater For Farm/Home Use
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:29:53 -0500
From: Dave Miller <recycler at ECLIPSE.NET>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Saneteers,

I am seeking some logical convincing sources before I approach my town
for my plans to retrofit my house for a seperate greywater drain system.
I hope to use this water for my organic gardens. After the extended
drought we had in NE America (New Jersey for me) I want to continue to
conserve water.

They already lambasted me for having an open/outdoor shower even though
the kids can run through a sprinkler AND all my soap/shampoo is
biodegradeable. I was told I need underground piping??? (Maybe this
referred to a drainage field but certainly does not respect putting the
water where it is needed most.

Also, info on holding times/water reclamation/aerobic conditioning to
make it safer than simply applying to the rows between plants.

Other ideas and resources? I am game.

Thanks in advance.......

Dave Miller
Lucky Acre Farm