[permaculture] Poplar trees may be new draw for pig farms

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Dec 17 08:38:33 EST 2003

Rick Valley wrote:

>>From: "sixdegrees" <sixdegrees at baynet.net>
>

>>the poplar trees are not the answer
>>changing pig raising methods is
>

> F'sure! Cure a monoculture factory with a monoculture factory feedstock?
>
> And I know that poplars don't do bamboo any good. So I say Pawlownia and
> bamboo mo' betta.

Poplars are a favorite for bees seeking nectar which they turn into one of the healthiest
and best tasting honey almost black in color. Very excellent food. Noninvasive trees.
Lumber makes excellent house siding and is a very stable wood for use in making furniture.
The antibiotic properties of poplar honey may be the highest of all honeys.
--
L.F.London
lfl at intrex.net
http://market-farming.com