[permaculture] Marsha Hanzi in California

Kelly Finigan kfinigan at spots.ca
Mon Dec 8 17:55:50 EST 2003

Hi Marsha:

I travelled from Canada to California in 2000 to do my permaculture training
with Penny at Occidental Arts and Ecology Centre (OAEC). I researched all I
could to maximise my trip. Things / places I saw in California and recommend:

PINC (Penny's Institute) - Point Reyes;
OAEC (previously Farallones Rural Institute)- Occidental;
Real Goods Solar Living Centre - Hopland;

Places / people I know of but missed and wish I'd visited:
Davis Homes ("green" subdivision built in hot dry desert in the 1970's) -
Davis;
Art Ludwig / Oasis Designs (greywater) - Santa Barbara;
Farallones Urban Institute (source of the book "The Integral Urban House") -
Berkeley I think???;
Bill Roley (perm institute of southern california) - Laguna Beach;
large windpower developments in the mountain passes;
Ecology Action (home of John Jeavons and "How to grow more vegetables than
you ever thought possible") - Willits;
Biodynamic Gardening Association - San Francisco;

I hope this helps you!

Kelly

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 08:59:27 -0800 (PST), Marsha Hanzi wrote