[permaculture] Rain water safe to drink in urban areas?

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Mon Dec 1 16:12:43 EST 2003

Aloha,

> Groundwater can also have quality problems -
> e.g. agricultural runoff of pesticides and excess fertiliser (there is
> almost always an excess)...causes blue-baby syndrome (lack of oxygen in
> blood) in southern Alberta.

In large areas of the USA Midwest, I have heard that there *is* no more clean
groundwater.  The whole water table has been pretty heavily contaminated by
agricultural poisons (there's two words that ought not to go together...)

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration
john at eco-living.net