[permaculture] Remembering the stakes/animals

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 28 13:18:17 EST 2002

>An excellent argument for the virtues of an
>all-around diet is Nutrition and Physical
>Degeneration by Weston A Price,  a dentist,
>past president of the American Dental Association,
>and world traveler. In the 30's he visited indigenous
>peoples around the world, studying their teeth, their
>diet, and overall health.  He also noted the health
>of the same genetic & cultural peoples in nearby
>villages with access to trading posts.... and processed
>food.  (Yes, there is a Weston A Price Foundation
>website)
>
>Bill Mollison was once asked what kind of diet he
>preferred.  His reply:  "I don't eat factory food."
>Sums it up nicely!
>
>One Love,
>
>John

You can find the Price foundation site at
http://www.WestonAPrice.org/splash_2.htm

I had the pleasure of seeing Sally Fallon at the WI grazing conference for
a full day this year.  I'm pretty well satisfied that they have nailed down
both anecdotal and scientific bases for an animal rich diet, and I know it
can be done sustain ably on most of the planet.  Check the site out, even
if you are vegan as there is a large section on fermented foods.
Mark L

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison