[permaculture] Remembering the stakes/animals

bmn at iglou.com bmn at iglou.com
Thu Mar 28 12:21:04 EST 2002

Only in the last 10 years or so have I seen people characterizing
themselves as vegetarians when they admit eating fish.  I'm not saying
whether anyone's diet is right or wrong, for them... but if you eat fish,
fish are animals, animals are meat.  I'm happy you've found bliss in your
current diet however.  But some of you folks who have changed back, are
painting with some rather broad brushes.  Again, I don't care what folks
choose for themselves (at least in part), but everyone is different and
everyone's dietary practices are a little different even within these
feeding groups.  Because yours didn't work out for you, doesn't mean
others won't find what they're after, nor feel healthier.

BTW, since we're counting, I've been a vegetarian for about 19.5 years.
I'm 6'4", 245 lbs and I'm hardly wasting away.  I lead an active life and
feel great.  Other than having required physicals, I have not been to a
doctor save maybe 2 times (broken wrist & hives) in the last 18 years.
I'm not prostelytizing, just stating my experience.  It took me 8 months
of searching to make my decision.  People need a wide array of input and
need to make the best choices for themselves.  Hopefully, it all works
out.