[permaculture] Permaculture epithets/wisdom

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:08:27 EST 2002

How about
"grass fed is best"
with the companion phrase
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat soybeans"

Much like Toby I'm healthier and happier with my diet since I started
eating meat again.  also after growing tofu beans and grass finished beef I
pretty sure the beef is a far less damaging way to make protein, and has
excellent lipid balance compare to feedlot meat.  Furthermore it's a lot
easier to get people eating a different kind of meat rather than  an
unframiliar vegan diet.  Pasture also builds soil OM when properly managed,
though wheat can as well (with lots more tillage or biocide).  Can this
list receive attachments?  I wrote a document on grazing in PC that may be
of interest to folks.
Marl L