[permaculture] Silicon as fungal spray

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Wed Mar 27 20:33:04 EST 2002

Why not compost tea for the fungal problems, Elijah? It think it is
touted as being very effective for that. More info at
http://www.soilfoodweb.com

In biodynamics we use BD501, which is known as Horn Quartz. It is far
from being simply 'silica.' Moreover, it is used as part of a system
and probably would have some downsides if the appropriate groundwork
was not done before it was sprayed. (Can also raise hell with
seedlings, transplants, and cuttings.)

-Allan