[permaculture] Jean Pain + Brushwood + Biogas + Compost

Rex Teague DibbleGardens at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 7 17:32:03 EST 2002

On 7 Mar 02, souscayrous wrote:

> Jean Pain used the traditional thermophyllic breakdown of any
> compost pile (bacterial) while Lemieux suggests that the breakdown
> of his ramial wood chips should be by basidiomycetes - white rot
> (fungal). Why the difference?

Elaine Ingham's "Soil Food Web" research will I suspect provide a
clue, I haven't delved into her work very thoroughly. The following cut
'n paste is from a publicity blurb promoting her pending visit to New
Zealand.

--Quote--
The days are structured to fit the type of operation you operate:
FUNGAL: Orcharding, Forestry, Vineyards.
BACTERIAL: Pastural farming, Turf (sports fields/golf), vegetables,
Grain.
Input Manufacture: All products that are intended to be applied to the
soil.
--Unquote--

Different horses for courses, further confirmation of Fukuoka's
balancing act??

> In reference to Jean Pain's biogas work, contact me off list if you
> would any sources of further information on the Templar origins of
> Jean Pain's work I would be grateful.

Until Steve's reminder I'd forgotten the Templar reference, I'm equally
interested in the skills of antiquity. Have you read any of Edmond
Bordeaux Szekely and his Essene research in the Vatican archives.
Both Scott Nearing and Juliette de Baïracli Levy spent time with him in
Mexico.

Cheers... Rex