[permaculture] Biodiesel

soilfirst at dojo.tao.ca soilfirst at dojo.tao.ca
Thu Mar 7 12:07:32 EST 2002

I tend to agree with the subject-- Biodiesel is not perfect, but for large
industry (recycling trucks for example) they make sense.  But a better
solution and a harder one is for people to examine their consumption
patterns-- befor buying a diesel car, try a ike.  Our recycling trucks at the
EcologyCenter could be made more obsolete if people lessened their
material consumption.

Finally, cars have ruind the country.  Biodiesel should not be an excuse
for more roads, more congestion, more subdivision just cause it is
"Green."

It s a transitional solution, nothing more, nothing less.  In that lkight it is
better than real petrol oils, but it is by no meansd perfect (And the
monoculture/gmo issue is very real).  Best tthat people are just aware of
these issues when considering these things.

Tim