[permaculture] Mosquito spraying

Jerome Osentowski jerome at crmpi.org
Tue Mar 5 11:51:33 EST 2002

Bats under bridge,  yes that's how Austin TX. controls their problem, plus
they turn it into a turist attraction.  people come to see the bats fly in
and out .  hotel window are faceing the bridge.   When designing the RFC
golf and fishing club project  misquito control was a major concern,since we
were putting lots of lakes and water features for the fishing component. It
was a no brainer.  The bats come to the lake for a drink, and eat mosquito ,
The swallos  and dragonflys work the day shift.  There was no need for Bt
control, but that could have been a back up control if needed.  I sit in a
swing chair next to my little pond and watch this adtivity every day during
the summer. we have no mosquitos.  Haveing the water is the key . Trading a
drink for free not toxic mosquito control, it's all part of gods plan....
jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158    E mail: jerome at crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>