[permaculture] Biogas digester plans

Scott Hitchins ScottH at wcig.org.au
Mon Mar 4 21:15:39 EST 2002

Werribee sewage farm, Melbourne Australia, has several of its settling ponds / ageing lagoons covered with enormous 'rubber' membranes and are apparently generating all their own electricity and are hoping to eventually sell to the grid. They may be worth contacting.  They also produce over a million dollars of beef and lamb each year on (treated) waste-irrigated grass.  They are also a very large bird sanctuary.

Scott

scotth at wcig.org.au