[permaculture] Biogas digester plans

Jeff Hall JRHALL at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Mar 4 18:02:28 EST 2002

My understanding from an independent researcher who had tried to develop a small farm scale biogas system for many years is that temperate climates are a huge obstacle to small scale biogas systems. The most efficient microbes are very picky about temperature, so you need a very warm and stable space for them to do their work. I think thats the reason many have tried and only a few systems in the warmest climates have actually succeeded...
This researcher attempted below ground, hoop houses, many ideas before giving up.
If I'm wrong, I'm glad I about it:)
-Jeff Hall, Ames Iowa