[permaculture] Biogas digester plans

Scott Hitchins ScottH at wcig.org.au
Mon Mar 4 17:34:37 EST 2002

I've seen  detailed plans somewhere on the net: I'll try and dig them up.  Be aware that these digesters also produce a fair amount of sulphuric acid vapour, which would place some limitations on equipment and fittings used.  Apparently, the acid can be reduced / removed by passing the gas through bottles of steel wool or similar iron waste.  This gradually turns white, not rusted /oxidised.  It can be re-used by exposing it to their until it does oxidise.

Scott Hitchins

scotth at wcig.org.au