[permaculture] Biogas digester plans

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 4 17:16:31 EST 2002

Have seen plans from the 70's using two cylindrical tanks, the smaller
nested and floating in the larger.  A pipe thread is tapped in the top of
the rig and enough pressure is generated by the weight of the tank for
cooking gas.  Of course one would want some kind of flame arrestor in the
line to avoid unintended pyrotechnics.  Perhaps two units would be better
to allow one to work more fully while the other filled?  The other models
I've seen use rubber or plastic bladders.
Mark